Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sometimes, we are the lucky ones.

My good friend K's mom just passed away. Suddenly. Unexpectedly. She was in her mid 50s and K's little sister found her in the bathroom unconscious. They still haven't determined the cause of death. She sent a facebook message to us this morning.

It has really shaken me.

I keep thinking, how would I be feeling if that was me. I don't think I could handle it. I really think it would blow me apart. I love my parents so much. Yes, we fight. Yes, I'd much rather be living away from home at this point in my life. But I still care so deeply for them. I know that no matter how far away I travel, I will always want to have roots in my city because I want to raise my future family surrounded by mine. What would I do if they were gone? I really hope I don't have to go through what my friend is going through anytime soon, but we never know do we?

This is kind of a wake up call. I need to appreciate them more. I need to tell them that I love them. I need to skype my sister in Korea and tell her I miss her. Even if they know these things, I just want to tell them again.

God, I hope K gets through this. I hope I am a good friend and am there for her when she needs me. Sometimes, even if we don't feel it a lot of the time, sometimes we really are the lucky ones. I wish her nothing but strength and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash